Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dance of the Goats

Since the girls are due to start kidding any time now .... I spent a lot of time working in and around the barn watching them today.  No kids yet.  But ..... A couple of the young does put on quite a show for me.

I thought you might enjoy their performance of the Dance of the Goats.  Lydia is the spotted yearling doe and Honey is the brown and cream yearling doe with the face stripes.  You might remember Honey from my post on  Myrtle's Surprise last kidding season. Honey is the little doeling that was lost out in the rain when she was born.

Honey was trying to get something started with Lydia, but Lydia was a little reluctant to dance with Honey.


Honey says: Come on, Lydia. Let's dance!  You do it like this.  Stand up tall and hold your ears straight up.  I'll bet you can't hold your ears up as well as I can!


Lydia finally gets in the mood to dance a few rounds with Honey. And they start circling each other....

..... staring into each others eyes. 


 Okay ... take a bow ...

 
Honey gets fancy with her dance moves.



Now it's Lydias turn.  She dances sideways to get ready to make a big impression.


Now we're dancing! 


And finish with a big bow to your dance partner.  Awww that was fun!


I could watch them dance and play all day.  But, I've got work to do ....    :D

12 comments:

Missouri Gal Nicole said...

They are so cute!

Linda said...

That was neat! Thanks, I enjoyed that!

Feral Female said...

Ah such ballerina`s our caprine ladies are! Very cute photos!

Nezzy said...

Awwww, I wanna dance...it looks like fun! Don't ya just wanna put it all to music???

Love the photos, they put a big old smile on my face! :o)

God bless ya and have a beautiful New Year sweetie!!!!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Great pictures! So glad your back blogging Brenda! If I lived closer I would love to be there helping you with all those deliveries:))

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Love the dance! I just love watching my girls dance too :)

matty said...

Isn't it wonderful!?? I love it!

IanH said...

Watching critters play is better than work anyday. Work can be put off till tomorrow!

Melodie said...

Goats are so funny when they play! They rare up like they are going to butt heads like big horn sheep then just give each other a tap!

Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm said...

Awwww! They are so cute!

MilkMaid09 said...

Love it! Your Lydia girl looks a lot like my Belle. 'Cept Belle was actually born brown with black spots, but then I shaved her (hot, HOT summer) and she turned black with white spots. . . as her hair grew out she turned bay with white spots, bizarre. . . I love your girls' unique coloring, sure makes it easier to tell them apart, huh?

Brenda said...

Thanks, MilkMaid! I agree that their unique colors make them easy to tell apart. I don't know how you'd tell them apart in an all white herd of Saanans.